Established in 1974, Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc has been servicing the community for more than 48 years.
We manage three houses, Joan Kirner House, Spotswood Community House, and Altona North Community House.
Our three houses provide support, skill development and social activities. We deliver quality adult education programs that reflect the interests and needs of all sectors of our community.
We have a strong commitment to the use of new technologies to improve learning outcomes for our community.
Our aim is to supply affordable, quality programs in a supportive, comfortable environment for our community.
We offer a variety of courses, programs, support and user groups as well as childcare, and programs for those with a disability.
All of our houses are wheel chair friendly, and those with a disability are welcome to participate in any class or program.
Williamstown Community and Education Centre Incorporated will be recognised for its capacity to develop, implement and deliver high quality inclusive programs and training and services from various locations, based on community wants and needs.
- Education and Training: Deliver high quality and appropriate education and training
- Community Centre: The houses will be contemporised, creating a more welcoming and functional Centre
- Organisation: An efficient and professional organisation
- Relevance: Relevant services and programs that address the needs and wants of our community
- Marketing: Relevant and effective marketing and communication strategies
- Administration: A self sustaining administration team (governance and management)
- Profile: A strong community profile, creating greater community awareness of our services and programs
- Finances: Multiple and secure recurrent funding sources
- Volunteers: A core set of committed volunteers, appropriately recruited, inducted, trained and supervised
- Partnerships: A partnership model with strong community and business networks
Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc. provides family support, skill development and inclusive social activities. We deliver quality adult education programs which reflect the interests and needs of all sectors of our community.
We have a strong commitment to the use of new learning technologies to improve learning outcomes for our community. Our aim is to provide affordable quality programs in a supportive comfortable environment. Information and referral services are offered as an integral part of our Centre.
Official and Legal Status
Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc (ABN: 67 864 341 860) is:
An Incorporated Association (Org No: A0014000T) registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
Public Benevolent Institution and endorsed as a Deductable Gift Recipient (Item 1, Section 30-15, Income Tax Assessment Act 1997).
Holds Goods and Services, Fringe Benefit and Income Tax exemptions.
Registered Charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
Registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education Board (Reg No: 575).
Licence to Operate a Children’s Service, Limited Type 2 Service Licence with the Department of Education and Training under the Children’s Services Act 1996 (Licence ID:SE-00015907).