Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc is an award winning and demonstrated leader in community services and has been an integral part of the community since its establishment in 1974. We are committed to providing support, skill development and social activities to our community through our three houses: Joan Kirner House in Williamstown, Spotswood Community House, and Altona North Community House.
At Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc, we strive to deliver high-quality adult education programs that cater to the diverse needs and interests of all members of our community.
Our mission is to provide affordable, quality programs for everyone in a supportive and comfortable environment. We offer a wide range of courses, programs, support services, and user groups. We are proud to be a fully accessible facility, with all our houses being all-access friendly.
We are renowned for our community-focused approach and our ability to tailor our programs to the specific needs of our community. Our collaborative partnerships with local organizations, businesses, and community groups allow us to provide a comprehensive range of services that address the diverse needs of our community.
At Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc, we believe that everyone deserves access to education and community support. We are dedicated to empowering individuals and strengthening communities through education, skill-building, and social activities.
Williamstown Community and Education Centre Incorporated will be recognised for its capacity to develop, implement and deliver high quality inclusive programs and training and services from various locations, based on community wants and needs.
- Education and Training: Deliver high quality and appropriate education and training
- Community Centre: The houses will be contemporised, creating a more welcoming and functional Centre
- Organisation: An efficient and professional organisation
- Relevance: Relevant services and programs that address the needs and wants of our community
- Marketing: Relevant and effective marketing and communication strategies
- Administration: A self sustaining administration team (governance and management)
- Profile: A strong community profile, creating greater community awareness of our services and programs
- Finances: Multiple and secure recurrent funding sources
- Volunteers: A core set of committed volunteers, appropriately recruited, inducted, trained and supervised
- Partnerships: A partnership model with strong community and business networks
Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc. provides family support, skill development and inclusive social activities. We deliver quality adult education programs which reflect the interests and needs of all sectors of our community.
We have a strong commitment to the use of new learning technologies to improve learning outcomes for our community. Our aim is to provide affordable quality programs in a supportive comfortable environment. Information and referral services are offered as an integral part of our Centre.
Official and Legal Status
Williamstown Community and Education Centre Inc (ABN: 67 864 341 860) is:
An Incorporated Association (Org No: A0014000T) registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
Public Benevolent Institution and endorsed as a Deductable Gift Recipient (Item 1, Section 30-15, Income Tax Assessment Act 1997).
Holds Goods and Services, Fringe Benefit and Income Tax exemptions.
Registered Charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
Registered with the Adult, Community and Further Education Board (Reg No: 575).